Wednesday, March 16, 2011

JUST ADD INK #59

This week's challenge at Just Add Ink is to base a papercraft project around this sketch:






I decided to use my Greenhouse Garden stamp set, to make a "thank you" card for one of my lovely customers who has just ordered the same set.  I've used an oval sentiment panel, in place of the circle on the sketch, but other than that have stayed pretty true to the sketch.  Here's my entry for this week's challenge:


Stamps: Very Vintage jumbo Stampin' Around wheel, Greenhouse Garden, Oval All
Card: Bashful Blue, Peach Parfait, Very Vanilla
Ink: Versamark inkpad, Bashful Blue and Peach Parfait stampin' pads
Other: Very Vanilla satin ribbon, Scallop Trim border punch, 1 3/4" x 7/8" Oval punch large, Scallop Oval punch XL, sponge daubers, Stamp-a-ma-jig, mini glue dots, stampin' dimensionals


I'm unable to watermark my photos at the moment, thanks to a virus that has infected our home computer (all my important files are on there, of course!).  Thankfully I have my cute pink laptop for emergencies, like blogging, LOL.  (This'll teach me to save files like watermarks, and photos of my cards, on my laptop, won't it?).  On a brighter note, can you see the beautiful off-white handrails in the background of my photo?  For the past 10 years, the exterior trim on our house has been dark green (the Mission Brown of the '90s).  It's had a big freshen-up, and been painted off-white, which I just LOVE.  Will share photos of our newly-painted house when it is all finished; I am inordinately excited!

9 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Christine. I love this flower set and you've worked it perfectly on this card. Gorrrrrgeous! (And so springy - I'm living with snow right now so am looking forward to green foliage any time now!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Christine... I wasn't over fussed on Peach Parfait but teaming it with Bashfull looks great.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine you have done so well with this sketch! I love the stamp set you've used too!

    Can't wait to see pics of your finished house - HOW EXCITING!!!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Christine, great bow too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for pink laptops!! (I've got one too that I use every day)
    Ohhh yes you will have to post pictures of your house, sounds like a refreshing change :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Christine, this is a gorgeous card. Peach Parfait does look great with the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeou gorgeous card Christine. Yuck about the virus.
    Gorgeous colours and bow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. Love your colour combo. Subtle colours for the flowers. Just lovely.

    Liam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those flowers are beautiful, as is the entire card Christine! Love these colours together & the bow is so cute. :)

    Yay for laptops & yay for Kevin - the railings look fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete