Friday, March 25, 2011

"AVIARY" ANNIVERSARY CARD

Today marks my parents-in-law's 50th wedding anniversary - what a  milestone, hey?  I recently decorated an anniversary album for them, using vintage-y colours, so carried on the theme in their card.  Jack (my eldest) asked me if the choice of stamp sets was significant because Poppa used to breed canaries.  Ah, no, son ...... I just love "Aviary".  (I did laugh, though.) This cute stamp set is available only until 31st March, when Stampin' Up!'s Summer Mini catalogue ends.  The sentiment I've used is from Well Scripted, another of the beautiful stamp sets available only until 31st March.  Let me know if you *need* these sets, won't you?!



Stamps: Aviary, Bella Toile, Well Scripted
Card: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Ink: Crumb Cake and Early Espresso stampin' pads
Other: Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge dauber, Early Espresso 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon, Basic Pearls, stampin' dimensionals, mini glue dots


Tomorrow I'm taking part in a blog hop with some fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrators.  Please come back to visit over the weekend, to see what we've all made!

10 comments:

  1. ohhh Christine this card is so sweet I love how you have put two little birdies in the cage!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE this! The colours you have used are some of my faves! I love Neutral colours together!

    Hope you got my email chicki - sent it as soon as I got my beautiful card in the mail!

    K
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine, this card is absolutely gorgeous! Love the colours you used & isn't the Bella Toile Background divine.

    I'm sure your In-Laws will love it.

    Looking forward to the Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it. Love the colours, love both stamp sets, just a perfectly gorgeous card!

    Unlike Karen I haven't emailed you yet to tell you how adorable and sweet you are - it was such a thrill to receive your card the other day. I'm catching up on my 'to do' list...

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW very stunning card.

    I think the Aviary bird cage with the two birdies is perfect.

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! I just love everything...
    so elegant and classy
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely LOVELY!!! The colours are so nice together and your stamp choice is perfect.

    Talk to you soon, Nikki.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card Christine. Colours are super and the pearls and bow are lovely touches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Divine Christine! Love the palette, the gorgeous background, that beautiful big bow, the pearls & the perfect choice of stamps. :)

    ReplyDelete