Wednesday, October 20, 2010

MY CRAFT ROOM

It's nearly 2 years since my 'dream' craft room was added on to our house, and I don't think I have ever shared photos on my blog.  I keep telling myself I'll photograph it when I have all the piles of 'stuff' put away .... but, that day never seems to come, so I've decided to show you my space "as is"!!  If I had a spare mattress to put in my craft room, I'd happily live in there!

This is the view of my room when you first enter:



When I first got my own room for crafting, I bought that cute little desk from Ikea (LOVE the trestle legs with shelves on them).  However, I soon discovered that if I wanted to stamp with more than one person, it wasn't quite going to do the job!  I've added the plastic moulded table (with the mismatched chairs - must rectify that someday, when I venture back to Ikea!) so that I can run classes here.  It works well with my regular groups. 


Here is my much-loved Expedit bookcase, from Ikea of course:



I store all my Stampin' Up! A4 cardstock in plastic tubs on top of some cupboards (at the end of the table).  Scraps are kept in a clear A5-sized pocket at the front of each hanging file.:



This is my new storage solution for Stampin' Up! ribbons.  Works at the moment, but not sure what I'll do once I have full rolls of the satin ribbon in every colour, LOL.




Here's how I store my stampin' pads and ink refills (bless ebay):




My Stampin' Up! stamps are all kept in a separate bookcase (clearly I didn't tidy this up before taking the photo!).  Other rubber stamps (that don't get shown much love these days) are kept in shallow drawers, sorted by category, in my built-in U-shaped unit.




One of my FAVOURITE features of my craft room is my punch storage; fabulous, cheap but sturdy, rails from Ikea.  Below my punches is my 'cutting station' - paper cutters and Big Shot, with my Scor-Pal in the corner.




I store my Nestabilities (that don't get much love these days ... but, as a diehard papercrafter, I do love buying and hoarding supplies!) inside one of the double doors to my floor-to-ceiling cupboard:





To complete today's "tour", I'll show you my desk, where I sometimes sit just for the pleasure of looking out into the garden!


This room brings me so much pleasure; I hope it has made you smile, too.

27 comments:

  1. It brings me pleasure just looking! I have my own space, but not nearly as fabulous as that one! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little envious right now....How fantastic, you must be as proud as punch having a room like that...no way you are seeing mine now in a million years

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I'm sitting here with my mouth hanging wide open! How blessed are you to have this amazing room! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I love everything but I especially love that view!!!! Really lovely Christine - thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW!! That is amazing. What a fabulous room to create in. I have to come visit one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too, me too - I would love to come and spend some creating time with you in that gorgeous space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm there!! LOVE your studio!! Especially the window out to the garden

    ReplyDelete
  7. So not fair! I want your craft room. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous craft space, well done you! I loved poking around your pics looking at all your bits and pieces and different storage ideas.

    Great view - not sure I'd get much done there :o) I purposely didn't put my desk under the window in my craft room but now I'm wondering if I should move it....hmmmmm will see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, I've just loaded my mattress onto the roof of my car - I'll see you tomorrow! lol What a fantastic space you have, and I'm sure you get lots of inspiration from that view.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome room!! No wonder your cards are as fabulous as they are! Thanks for showing us around XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please please can I have that lovely space and oh so tidy, mine is never this beautiful inpsiring space.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful place to be inspired! No wonder your cards are magnificent when you have such an awesome creative space! What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm very very very jealous!!!!! Your space is amazing and I can see why you'd want to seep there. You have some really great storage ideas that I'll have to remember when I actually get my own house and stop renting. Thanks for sharing the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG Christine... I will see you tomorrow...I'm moving in...
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good grief ... I am definitely moving in.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I have just turned greener than your room! How I wish I had all that space :( This is so well organised, and light too! If I were you I would want to sleep in there as well. lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your little craft haven...well...not so little :) Glad I've seen the real thing and had the privilege of creating there. I'll be back xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. fab space, Christine! looks like a wonderful place to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW. How I wish I had a room like that. I use our dining room table! Love yours Christine! Lucky you. (I'm actually waiting til Laura may move out as her room would be PERFECT).....no, I don't mean that....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a great room!
    I just have a corner in my bedroom!!!
    But I keep dreaming!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Christine - love it! Man - what a contrast to my Chaotic Corner in the lounge the very quickly spreads itself all over the house!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Christine, this is such a beautiful space! So tranquil & inviting. I'm so lucky to have seen it IRL - it's divine!

    ReplyDelete
  23. By all the above comments I think you can tell that we are all green with envy!! It is no wonder your cards are awesome! I love Ikea and looks like you might too - awesome storage ideas there - just wish the store was closer.... but then I would spend too much time and money there instead of creating!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG I sooo agree with all the girls!!
    I'd DIE to have a room like this!!
    I will be saving ur pics so when we 'oneday' have our 'own' place {We're renters!}
    I can then show these and say that is wat i want!!!
    Thanks so much for Sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fantastic light craft room you have Christine! Love it to bits and I'm so jealous. I sooo want the room for that Ikea bookcase. Cheers Narelle

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so jealous Christine. I love, love your beautiful space. I would want to live in there too! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous Christine! Thanks for sharing your beautiful stamp space. Love the view you have from your desk :)

    ReplyDelete