Sunday, August 15, 2010

"SUNNY DAY" FISH

Ah, no, it's NOT a sunny day here in Melbourne!  I have had some of the papers from my "Sunny Day" Simply Scrappin' Kit out, to have a play, after being inspired by the very creative Kathryn Ruddick.  You must check out what Kathryn has just made, for a 3-D item challenge at "Helping Hudson".  It is bright and cheery, and just plain fun - what we all need, especially when the weather is very bleak.

I just had to have a go at making the gorgeous little punch-art fish that Kathryn used on her project.  Great fun, I have to tell you!

Here are some tiny 'thank you' cards that were very quick to whip up once I'd made the fish (which, themselves, were very quick to whip up!).

Stamps: Short & Sweet
Card: Tempting Turquoise, Pink Passion, Whisper White
Ink: Tempting Turquoise stampin' pad, Jet Black Staz-on inkpad, black fineline marker
Other: "Sunny Day" Simply Scrappin' Kit, Word Window Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Heart to Heart Punch, XL Two-Step Bird Punch, sponge dauber, SNAIL adhesive



Ethan, my 9-year-old, wanted to try his hand at making a fish too, so he chose which punches he wanted to use, and came up with this little guy (which I think has great character with his big eye, don't you?!):



I've had to photograph these inside, because it is very grey and wet outside.  Hope they put a smile on your face!  Thanks, Kathryn, for the inspiration - I love your work!

The "Sunny Day" Simply Scrappin' Kit, at $36.95, is fantastic value for scrapbookers and cardmakers alike. The pack contains co-ordinating double-sided Designer Series Papers, 12"x12" cardstock in three colours, and heaps of adhesive die cuts.  As you can see, it's very bright and happy!  It is available only until 31st August (since it's in our current Autumn-Winter Mini Catalogue).  I can take orders to be shipped direct to your door, wherever in Australia you live.  So, if you don't already have your own Stampin' Up! demonstrator, email me, and I'd be very happy to help you!


Christine :)

12 comments:

  1. Very cute and creative!! Roll on Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how adorable, Christine! I LOVE these little punch art fish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Christine, I love the fish. I might have to case this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, lovely bright colours for a dull and rainy day. Love Ethan's big fish too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cheerful colours, Christine! And well done, Ethan...love your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cute fish, and Ethan's too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your aquarium, such great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are gorgeous Christine! LOVE Ethan's fish, very cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute....gonna make these with the kids! Love the card, love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the fishes, something you dont see very often ;)

    Janna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello from sunny Singapore, got an hour to kill in transit so thought I would update you on my travels.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too Cute!!! I just love the fish, they're adoreable!!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete