Monday, August 9, 2010

QUILTED TOP NOTES IN RETIRING DESIGNER SERIES PAPERS

Well, folks, the title of this post is a pretty good indicator of what I have to show you today!

When our current Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalogue finishes at the end of this month, ALL of the packs of Designer Series Papers will retire, to make way for new designs and colours.  Now is the time to put in an order for any of the papers you've had your eye on .... once they retire, they won't be coming back.  Great news, though - several of these papers are on special!!  I'll tell  you a bit more as I go along.

A GREAT way of using up any scraps of Designer Series Paper (which, from hereon in, shall be referred to as "DSP") is to make a Quilted Top Note.  I'm sure you've seen these all over the 'blogosphere', but I hope you'll still enjoy what I have to show you.  When I found out how simple it was to make these, I had a bit of a 'field day' with my Big Shot, Top Note Die, and different packs of DSP.  I love the different looks achieved by switching around the colours. 


Firstly, I'll show you a card I made using "Bella Bleu" DSP, which is simply divine.  I think I might've gone a bit overboard with the blue on this card!


Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Best Yet
Card: Brocade Blue, Kraft, Very Vanilla
DSP: Bella Bleu
Ink: Versamark inkpad, Brocade Blue stampin' pad, Sahara Sand stampin' pad & marker
Other: Top Note die, 1 1/4" square punch, XL Two-Step Bird Punch, sponge daubers, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Scallop Circle punch, Brocade Blue 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon, white gel pen



The next card I have to show you is a Christmas card, similar to one I've shared before, and to those that all of my class participants have made in the past month.  This card uses "Holiday Treasures" DSP, which is the Christmas paper in the current catalogue.  I love it, especially for this technique - the patterns and colours co-ordinate beautifully, don't you think?  "Holiday Treasures" DSP is on sale this month, for only $12.71 per pack!  Each pack contains 12 sheets of double-sided 12"x12" patterned paper.  That equates to only $1.06 per sheet, which is super-cheap for DSP.

Stamps: Snow Swirled
Card: Old Olive, Whisper White
DSP: Holiday Treasures
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive and Riding Hood Red stampin' pads, Versamark inkpad
Other: Top Note die, 1 1/4" square punch, Wide Oval punch, sponge daubers, Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon, black fine line marker




One of my favourite paper packs from the current catalogue is "Haiku" DSP.  It, too, is on special, until the end of August (or, until sold out) at only $12.71 per pack!  Here is a simple card I made, using the Quilted Top Note technique:


Stamps: Tiny Tags, Seeing Spots
Card: Tangerine Tango, Whisper White
DSP: Haiku
Ink: So Saffron, Old Olive and Tangerine Tango stampin' pads, Versamark inkpad, Jet Black Staz-On inkpad
Other: Top Note die, 1 1/4" square punch, Medium Jewelry Tag Punch, Heart to Heart Punch, sponge dauber, Whisper White taffeta ribbon, Old Olive 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, black fine line marker



My next card uses "Raspberry Tart" DSP, also on sale this month (while stocks last), for $12.71 per pack.  Sorry about the glare off the silver hardware - I couldn't photograph it well, but it reads "Friends Forever".  This card has NO stamping on it at all!!


Card: Rose Red, Whisper White
DSP: Raspberry Tart
Ink: Cameo Coral stampin' pad
Other: Top Note die, 1 1/4" square punch, 1" Rose Red double-stitched ribbon, Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon, Fleurettes II and Hooray Designer Hardware (both NLA), Crop-a-dile, sticky strip, sponge dauber, white gel pen



Finally, I have a very bright and happy card made using "Pink Flamingo" DSP.  This gorgeous, colourful, paper is on sale this month for a mere $8.48 - that's a 50% saving on the regular price!


Stamps: Polka Dot, Short & Sweet
Card: Cameo Coral, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
DSP: Pink Flamingo
Ink: Cameo Coral stampin' pad, Versamark inkpad, Jet Black Staz-On inkpad
Other: Top Note die, 1 1/4" square punch, Lots of Tags sizzlits die, Word Window Punch, Whisper White taffeta ribbon, Tempting Turquoise 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, sponge daubers, rhinestones from Clear Rhinestone brads, black fine line marker, mini glue dots




I hope this variety of cards inspires you to try out the technique for yourself.  Email me if you need any help, or further details.  I can take orders for any of the retiring products up until 31st August, but make sure you get in soon if you don't want to miss out!

13 comments:

  1. Um wow. I was about to comment on how sweet your blue card is...and they just kept coming. I love them all. I haven't made a quilted card yet, but I'm going to give it a go later today :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Beautiful. I hope you had a great birthday.
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this technique and think your samples are gorgeous Christine! The Christmas card and Raspberry Tart ones are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are all stunning Christine!! Wow oh wow drool drool. Love them all

    ReplyDelete
  5. my, my, you have been a busy bee. they all look fab-u-lous! And never too much blue, its my fav colour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well haven't you been busy Mts B -love the cards ... I have one lined up for the MMM next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are gorgeous Christine.....where on earth did you find the time to make them?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all gorgeous Christine!! I love the blue and strangely, because I'm not a big fan of the Pink Flamingo DSP, the Pink Flamingo one especially! All these wonderfyul top note cards make me want to go and make a quilted card :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Christine, your Top Note Quilt Cards are all gorgeous, and you have used some DSP that I would never have thought of (and it looks fantastic - Pink Flamingo DSP).
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them all Christine, but the Bella Bleu and Raspberry Tart are my favourites. The details on the Haiku version are delightful too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are gorgeous Christine. I can't pick a favourite! (Love that Bella Bleu though!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are all beautiful, but I am torn between Haiku, Bella Bleu and Holiday Treasures as my favs. I was like Patrice, thought there was just the one, then more and more popped up, wow you have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all gorgeous Christine, it's too hard to pick a fave!

    ReplyDelete