Saturday, June 5, 2010

"ART WITH HEART" TEAM BLOG HOP - CELEBRATIONS

Hi everyone

It's time again for the blog hop that my team has on the first Saturday of every month.  As my post title suggests, the theme for the blog hop is "Celebrations".  Being such a broad theme, I'm sure you'll get all sorts of inspiration from the girls; I, for one, am looking forward to checking out everyone's creations!

The "Art With Heart" team of Stampin' Up! demonstrators comprises over 90 women, spread across Australia, and is led by Claire Daly (based in Melbourne).  We have a very active online team forum, that is a great source of inspiration, support, and friendship.  If you'd like to join us, there is no better time - Stampin' Up! in Australia has a fantastic special offer on the Starter Kit, until the end of July.  Whether you'd like to join up as a hobby demonstrator (to get discounts every day on every product), or are interested in starting up a low-risk, rewarding home-based business, you can't beat being able to sign up for only $259!  (The retail value of the Starter Kit is $580.)  The fabulous Starter Kit contains lots of stamps, ink pads, cardstock, and business supplies - plenty to 'get you started', and there's lots of continuing support available.  If this sounds like something that suits you 'to a T', please email me; I'd love to have you join our friendly team. 

As with each of our blog hops, we offer blog candy - a little prize for one person who visits all of the participating blogs, leaves a comment, then emails Nikki Sadler to confirm that all blog posts have been commented on.  The offer for the blog candy is valid only for 72 hours from the launch of our blog hop; so, to be in to win, make sure you email Nikki by 6.00am AEST Tuesday 8th June.  Blog candy cannot be won by Stampin' Up! demonstrators, but we would dearly love for you all to visit our blogs and leave comments anyway! 

Today there are 11 of us taking part in the blog hop.  You may have come from Tina Gillespie's blog; however, if you are starting here, that's fine.  When you've finished looking at my blog hop post, just click on the link below to go on to Judy May's blog.  You can start at any of the blogs along the way; you'll do a 'circuit', and cover all 11, as long as you follow the links on each blog.


When I had to make a decision about the project I wanted to share with you, what stood out for me was the celebration, four years ago, of my grandmother's 90th birthday.  What a momentous occasion!  I was so glad I was able to travel to New Zealand with my father, sister and brother, to be part of the special celebration.  My sole surviving grandparent at the time, Granny Lou (my Dad's mother) shared her special day with four other generations - I have a treasured photo of five generations of females!  Granny Lou's brother and sister, also having lived long lives, were there as well. Amazing!  Granny Lou died in August 2008, so it meant a lot to me that I'd spent time with her on her milestone birthday.

I have scrapped a few photos taken on the day of the party.  There was a pink and white theme on the day, so I went with those colours.


Celebrations blog hop layout


Here is a close-up of the Top Note I used to mat the focal photo:


Celebrations blog hop Top Note photo mat

Can you see how I have clear-embossed, on the white cardstock, the rose from the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set?  I love the subtlety of clear embossing on white (note to self: use that more often!).  I also stamped the same rose randomly over the Pink Pirouette textured card, first in Versamark, and again (slightly offset) in Pink Pirouette ink.


Here's a close-up of the journalling (also featuring the rose - can you see it?):

Celebrations blog hop journalling


Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Life Definitions

Card: Whisper White textured & smooth, Glossy White, Pink Pirouette textured & smooth, Pretty in Pink, Basic Black textured

Ink: Versamark inkpad, Jet Black Staz-On inkpad, Pink Pirouette Stampin' Pad, Pretty in Pink Marker

Other: Trio Flower Punch, So Saffron brads, Clear Embossing Powder, Top Note Die, Timeless Type Alphabet die, sponge dauber, Bella Rose DSP, mini glue dots



I really enjoyed creating this page, and will definitely enjoy looking at these photos more often, now that they are not stashed away.  I hope you've enjoyed this little family snippet of mine, and will now go on to see the absolutely gorgeous (I've had a sneak peek, so I can testify to that!) project made by Judy May


Here is a list of the other 10 participants in today's blog, in case you 'lose your way'!


Ros Davidson
http://www.rosdavidson.typepad.com/

Tina Gillespie
http://scissorspapercard.blogspot.com/

Judy May
http://www.judymay.typepad.com

Sue Madex
http://www.madexcreations.com/

Nikki Sadler
http://www.inkyart.com.au/

Alisha Watson
http://www.ratherbstampin.typepad.com/

Di Dunk
http://www.stampartbydi.typepad.com/

Kathryn Mangelsdorf
http://klm55.blogspot.com/

Tanja Westwood
http://tanjawestwood.typepad.com/

Kathryn Lowe
http://www.katlodesigns.com/

Don't forget, if you leave a comment for each of us, then email Nikki to let her know you've done so (before Tuesday 6.00am), you'll go into the draw for some Stampin' Up! blog candy!

Thanks for visiting, and have fun!

20 comments:

  1. What a delightful page to scrap! I love those dainty little flowers along the top! Beautiful!
    SMiles Sharnee :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page, embossing white on white looks amazing.
    rach:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed Mrs B - your page is beautiful. What a great celebration and a brilliant way to capture the memories. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine , this is so delicate, the pink and versa mark ink! How lucky to say you had 5 generations of family all together at the same time....that's no mean feat! Not to mention "Gleetastic" LOL TFS.Cheers Donna Zammit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout Christine. I love how the colours bring out the photos and how you used the Top Note to frame your photo...Stunning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout Christine, for some reason I was expecting it to be blue (perhaps it was the discussion with Linda), but the pink looks fab. The cake looked very pretty, pity you didn't do a close up photo of that one. What a great family celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful tribute to a warm family moment. Great layout Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful page Christine! Great to see you scrapbooking too!I like how you have matted the focal photo onto the top note.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Christine, that page is gorgeous, what a way to remember a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Genna Gifford05 June, 2010 20:11

    Love this Christine, particularly the way you've kept the look so soft and gentle - like a hug from Granny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful Christine. My colours. wonderful way to recognise your Grandmother's very special day. Gorgeous. Just LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Christine how gorgeous. And a wonderful celebration to scrapbook. I love the topnote under the picture, and i have always wanted life definitions stamp set....now I want it more

    ReplyDelete
  13. This really is beautiful. The way you've scrapped it seems to have captured the poignancy and lovelinees of the day. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Christine. The colours really bring out the photos of this special family celebration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely! Beautiful pages of your happy memories. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Note to MYself: must use clear embossing on white cardstock! I love the delicate look of this technique, Christine!
    A lovely scrapbook LO, with some fabulous picutres - what a lovely way to remember the occasion!
    Thanks for your super sweet visit on my blog!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Christine, it's perfect! Such a lovely layout to showcase your precious memories. Pink and pretty...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this layout, Christine! How special. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful layout, the pale pink is very calming and warm. I love the texture of the paper, it just calls out 'touch me!'

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it. I also love embossing. Your pages look wonderful

    ReplyDelete