Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"QUILTED" TOP NOTE DIE

Two posts in one day - and both for the Just Add Ink challenge this week!  I love the challenge to "add stitching" to cards, so I hope you'll humour me and look at my second entry.

I've been having a lot of fun playing around with "faux-quilted" Top Notes; of course, for someone who is proficient in neither sewing nor quilting, I had to incorporate some "faux stitching".

This week I have to send a card to a beautiful, sunshine-y, girl for her 9th birthday.  I dug out my Pink Flamingo Designer Series Paper, went to work with my square punch, some Snail adhesive, and a Top Note die, and this is what I came up with:


Sarah's card

Stamps: Polka Dot, Wow Flowers

Card: Cameo Coral, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise

Ink: Versamark inkpad, Cameo Coral stampin' pad and marker, Tempting Turquoise marker, Summer Sun marker, black fineline pen (not SU!)

Other: Top Note die (cut using the Big Shot), Whisper White taffeta ribbon, Pink Flamingo DSP, 1 1/4" square punch, sponge dauber, dimensionals, Crystal Effects, circle punches - 1", 1/4", 1 3/8", Scallop Circle



HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH!  Love from Aunty Chris xx

14 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Christine, I love it! And I wouldn't have known it was faux stitching if you hadn't mentioned it :) Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! And, from one "non" sewer to another...Great Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty,love these "quilt" cards...might have to just do another one myself!!! The paper you choose is perfect...love how the flamingo fits perfect!! I really thought it was real stitching until I read your post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a funky card! Love the stitching and bright colours, they work so beautifully together. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Christine! I have to get the Top Note so I can make some of these for the Craft Fair I attend. I know a lot of quilters these will appeal to. Lovely example, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowser Christine that is gorgeous! I love how it looks stitched...I dont own a machine so if there's a faux way I'm in!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW beautiful, you have been busy.
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! I've been meaning to try this technique. Love your DSP choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That DSP comes up beautifully on your quilt card! How gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how this turned out Christine. It's amazing how different a DSP can look in small pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A simply gorgeous card! Those colours look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these colours! Such a happy card I'm sure Sarah will love it (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the way this card turned out. I have been meaning to try one of these...I found a heap of squares I had left over the other day. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete