Tuesday, June 8, 2010

JUST ADD INK CHALLENGE #20

This week's challenge at Just Add Ink is to add stitching to a papercraft project.  Much to my mother's dismay (actually, I think she resigned herself to the fact many years ago, but, still, I'm a disappointment!), I have NO clue how to use a sewing machine.  I love the idea of sewing on my cards, and every now and then think I'll invest in a Janome Sew Mini or something similar, but I always decide to spend the money on more stamps instead.  In the meantime, I use 'faux stitching' on my cards, by piercing holes at regular intervals, and using a pen to create 'stitches'.  Not quite the same, I know, but it's quick and easy.

I must apologise, in advance of showing you my card, for the actual faux stitching on this one.  I decided to use my white gel pen on black card, and, of all days, the pen decided to not co-operate - the ink was a bit runny and milky, so I didn't get quite the effect I was after.  Still, if you can see past that, and appreciate the other pretty elements on my card, that'd be great!


JAI #20 entry

Stamps: Inspired by Nature, All A Flutter, Picture This

Card: Pretty in Pink, Basic Black, Whisper white, Glossy White

Ink: Versamark inkpad, Jet Black Staz-On inkpad, Pink Pirouette stampin' pad, Regal Rose marker, white gel pen, Re-inkers: Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose

Other: Black embossing powder, mat pack and paper piercing tool, Large Oval punch, sponge dauber, brayer
 

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I think the faux stitching looks great. I have used a sawing machine for the first time and not happy with the card. I think I should of gone with the faux but never mine.
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually thought you had stitched it by hand, which really is even more attention to detail than using a machine (and you did, just with a pen and not a needle as I had assumed), remember, in crafting there is no such thing as a mistake, just an opportunity to broaden your creative horizons.Whoever said that has not seen some of my mistakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks lovely. Your stitching is great!!!! thought it was real til I read your post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card. Just gorgeous gorgeous. Those butterflies look so great with the pink and black combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. I love the whole lot...layout, colours, stitching-just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous Christine. Love the pink and black combo and the brayered backgound.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christine, your stitching came out lovely, and we sure can't tell your gel pen wasn't co-operating! hehe. I adore your brayered background too! Beautiful!
    Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh, lovely card, and those butterflies look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh I love this one! That pink and black is so striking, such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this Christine! and the stitching looks hand sewn and authentic ..great job on this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those darn pens! Mine wasn't cooperating yesterday either. A few firm expletives usually does the trick... ;-)
    An absolutely gorgeous card! Love the brayering!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning. Love your colour combo too. Thanks for playing!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it, love it, love it! Gorgeous card all over - your white pen must be related to mine, cos it does that sometimes too! Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete