Monday, June 21, 2010

JUST ADD INK #22

This week's challenge over at Just Add Ink is to use the following scrumptious colour combination in a papercraft project:



JAI22



The only challenge, as far as I was concerned, was narrowing it down to one card - I **LOVE** these colours!!

After starting off on a completely different tack, this is the card I ended up with:



JAI challenge#22 card

Stamps: Owl Together Now, Weathered, Picture This

Card: Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss

Ink: Rich Razzleberry stampin' pad, Tempting Turquoise stampin' pad and marker, Kiwi Kiss stampin' pad

Other: Top Note die (cut in Big Shot), Fleurettes II (retired), Trio Flower Punch, Tempting Turquoise brads, Kiwi Kiss corduroy brad (retired), blender pens, paper snips, mini glue dots



It's a drizzly, grey day in Melbourne today so I hope you can see the photo clearly.  I think this card is pretty cute, even if I did have to explain to Ethan (9) what the sentiment means - he just didn't "get" it.  (Apart from that, he liked the card!)


 

17 comments:

  1. More then cute and I love it. The grass looks fantastic.
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's SOOO cute! Love the little Rich Razzleberry Owls, the grass (very clever incorporating it into the die-cut), crisp white flowers and turquoise accents. Also love the little owl in the sentiment; very sweet and funny card. Honestly, I saw the Rich Razzleberry owls and went "awwwww" :) Will have to steal the colour combo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. too cute Mrs B - I love that Ethan didn't 'get it' .... it ain't good english ya know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Christine. Love those turquoise brad flower centres. Looks so crisp with the white flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Christine. The owls are so cute and the grass is so fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a totally adorable card Christine, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. too cute, great way of using the top note.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Christine, This is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh sweet. Love the three little owls, It has never dawned on me to use more than one owl on a branch. Hmmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOh I just adore your card Christine! Love the owls and the grass is perfect. Great take on this weeks challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute Christine! I should drag my owls out more often. You've done a great job with them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cute! I especially love the Kiwi Kiss Corduroy brad on the fleurette - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a sucker for owls! I love this to bits. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh ... super dooper cute! Love the grass accent ... and the gorgeous crotcheted accent! Hugs Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card just brings a smile to your face - what more could you want - love it Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card. I like every little detail.. the cute flowers, and of course the fat little owls. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sooo Cute Christine, I have such a fettish for owls lately!! I just love them, I have always eyed this set off and your card is too cute, well done!! Sam

    ReplyDelete