Wednesday, June 9, 2010

INKSPIRATIONS COLOUR CHALLENGE #26

I have been a regular stalker of Makeesha Byl's blog for a looong time now, and love the regular challenges she throws down.  Finally, I have decided to enter one myself - I do love a challenge with my cardmaking.

How could I NOT enter, when this week's challenge is to use the following colours on a project??

Makeesha-colour-challenge-26-1

These colours make me swoon!!  I have so many ideas for incorporating them in my cards, but for my first entry I've made a birthday card for my Dad.  I am uncharacteristically organised, as my father's birthday is still two weeks away .... feels good to have it done already.



Dad's bday card 2010

Stamps: Sanded, Polka Dot, Occasionally, On Your Birthday

Card: Kraft, Basic Gray, Whisper White

Ink: Sahara Sand stampin' pad and marker, Basic Gray stampin' pad, Real Red stampin' pad

Other: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Curly Label Punch, sponge dauber, 5/16" white brads (from Neutrals assortment), paper piercing tool, linen thread
  

17 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic. I will be using the colours again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. swoon away, Christine! I am ... this card is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine
    Nice design. Sorry I used Organic Outlines and stole your thunder!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Mrs B - love the way the red is just a highlight .... and well done for being so organised ... isn't that a lovely feeling :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card! LOVE the way you have balanced all those textures and elements to create such a great masculine card. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card, and isn't it just so nice not to be throwing ink around madly on the day of the birthday! I'd be feeling most chuffed to have one done two weeks early!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa Nelly! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card!! Your dad is soooo lucky! I adore how the sentiment picks up the one cupcake in red. I adore the polkadots & sanded background. I adore the distressing. I adore... you get the picture :)
    Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to agree with everyone's sentiments too, this is a stunning card, you have added so many interesting techniques, your Dad will love it.
    love Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What more can I say,the other comments cover everything I was planning to add. Suffice to say my friend, your dad will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card Christine .... great design and great use of these colours love the polka dot and sanded backgrounds together, gives the card a nice male edge to the polka dots .... and i love the simple touch of red .... beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous Christine! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another brilliant Christine Creation! Stay warm this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just gorgeous Christine! I never would of thought to put two BG's together! Very clever! Love it!
    Kirsty xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the neutrals Christine with the coloured stamps....looks fabulous! THanks so much for playing. Love Keesh x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card Christine, love the two backgrounds together, great thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I LOVE this -- what a GREAT card! This color combo is really fabulous and your BG papers are just awesome!!! Thanks so much for commenting on my card too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really cute use of the color combo! I like the multicolored cupcakes :D

    ReplyDelete