Thursday, October 29, 2009

FRIENDS 24-7

Today I gave myself permission to not go in to work - what bliss! We have our own business, and I have been trying for a long time to 'retire'.  The first step is to actually not be there some days, and it is harder than it sounds to make that happen.  Happily, today I'm at home.

I have been having a play with my Friends 24-7 stamp set, which is one of my favourites in the current Stampin' Up! catalogue.  First I made a couple of cards (just to have on hand) using my 'fallback' colour combination of Kraft, Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip.  I love that they're simple and pretty - here they are:

Kraft, Baja Breeze Friends 24-7
All paper,punches and accessories are Stampin' Up! - if you have any questions, drop me a line!

I was visiting Renee Van Stralen's blog the other day, and loved this card she made using the cute little bird from this stamp set.  I was inspired to make a Christmas card using Friends 24-7.  Mine is a lot simpler, but I like how it turned out:

RH Red, Kraft Friends 24-7 Stamps: So Swirly Jumbo Stampin' Around Wheel, Friends 24-7, Season of Joy

Ink: Chocolate Chip and Riding Hood Red stampin' pads, Chocolate chip marker (bird's eye!)

Card: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red

Other: Riding Hood Red 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon, large oval punch, scallop oval punch, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Love the Christmas card, Christine - it is a really classic look. You are winning me over to Kraft and the wide ribbon looks great! Hope you enjoyed your day at home and didn't do any housework! Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More beautiful cards and great examples of how different coloured & textured ribbons can really change the look. I'm getting a hankering for that paper. Christmas is coming up ... hint, hint - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving what you do with Kraft!! Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete