Saturday, August 29, 2009

BROWN AND TEAL PLANTS

My post title today conjures up images of rather sickly flora, but that's not really the picture I wanted to convey!  Last night I was getting ready to go to bed, at what was a reasonable time, when I had a burst of inspiration to create with the colours Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip and Taken With Teal.  Since I have been a bit tired to make much in the way of cards this week, I decided to grab the opportunity to create (and in the process I stayed up way too late).

The key focus of my first card is the divine stamp set Organic Outlines.  The small flower on the oval panel is also from this set - I just stamped it off four times (!) on scrap paper before stamping it on Very Vanilla card, so it produced a subtle impression.  I love the look of a soft image over-stamped with a sentiment.  All of the stamps used on this card are from Organic Outlines set.

Brown,teal organic outlines

Stamps: Organic Outlines

Card: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Taken with Teal, Very Vanilla

Ink: Close to Cocoa stampin' pad, Taken with Teal stampin' pad and marker, Chocolate Chip stampin' pad and marker

Other: Sponge daubers, wide oval punch, chocolate chip taffeta ribbon, scallop edge punch, ice circles rhinestone brads, dimensionals

Please excuse the totally un-thought-out photography; I didn't even notice the rather gawdy contrast with the green walls until I uploaded the photos, and I'm altogether too lazy to re-take and upload the shot (our computer is soooooo sloooooow)!

For my second card, I used another of my favourite stamp sets, Pocket Silhouettes, that has been rather neglected lately.  This is a great little set; I had a lot of fun making this card.  For the rhinestone centre in the felt flower, I didn't want the bulk of a brad, so I splayed the prongs of the brad wide open, and removed the rhinestone from its claw setting (sounds complicated, but it was very easy).  This was a tip I found on Mary Fish's Stampin' Pretty blog - Mary's a bit of a Stampin' Up! guru, and has lots of simple and fun tips to share.

Brown,teal pocket silhouettes

Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, Great Friend

Card: Chocolate Chip, Taken With Teal, Kraft, Very Vanilla

Ink: Chocolate Chip stampin' pad and marker, Taken With Teal stampin' pad and marker, Sahara Sand stampin' pad

Other: Felt flower from Flower Fusion Too, ice circle rhinestone brad (removed from casing), scallop circle punch, dimensionals, stamp-a-ma-jig, Valet Ribbon

I am looking forward to having some 'play time' over the weekend, as work is pretty stressful at the moment.  Have half a day of my eldest son's football tomorrow, but other than that very few commitments - just how I like it!  I must get my craft room tidied up a bit so I have some space in which to stamp.  I'll be back soon to share some more cards. Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely colour combo, my definite fave is the pocket silhouettes one and how great does the friend sentiment look backed on a scalloped circle, very original, I would never have thought of doing that. I might well have to case this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, those colours look awesome together! Great colour combo. Love the scalloped circle idea too, but my fave is that first card. very inspiring my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally in love with Organic Outlines. I play with it heaps. I love your colour combo.
    Kirsty xx

    ReplyDelete